- RSI celebrates our 15th Anniversary.
- The Skadden Fellowship Foundation awards RSI its first ever Fellow to work in ADR.
- RSI launches Court ADR Across the US, a national guide to court ADR systems, on CourtADR.org. Court ADR Across the US is funded by a grant from the JAMS Foundation.
- RSI completes an evaluation of the Cook County Circuit Court Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation Program.
- RSI launches Just Court ADR, a blog focused on topics and news in court ADR.
- RSI receives a grant from the James B. Boskey Memorial Foundation to support the creation of news archives on AboutRSI.org and CourtADR.org.
- RSI presents our Service to the Community Award to Judge Patricia Martin, Presiding Judge of the Cook County Child Protection Division and founder of the court’s Child Protection Mediation and Facilitation Program.
- RSI publishes a report on Foreclosure Dispute Resolution Program Models State-by-State, and later publishes reports on foreclosure mediation funding, purposes and objectives, and the number of foreclosure mediations being conducted per month in certain programs.
- In Utah, RSI facilitates stakeholder discussions and makes presentations on options for quality foreclosure mediation.
- RSI trains neutrals on Oahu and Hawaii Islands who will conduct Hawaii’s non-judicial foreclosure dispute resolution program sessions.
- RSI Executive Committee Vice Chair Judge Morton Denlow, magistrate judge of the US District Court, Northern District of Illinois, becomes Chair of the Executive Committee.
- RSI receives a grant from the JAMS Foundation to support market research to inform the planned update of CourtADR.org.
- Judge Harris H. Agnew, former chief judge of the 17th Judicial Circuit, retires from the Executive Committee and is named Chair Emeritus. Later in the year, RSI honors him with the newly re-named Harris H. Agnew Service to Community Award.
- CourtADR.org, RSI’s Court ADR Resource Center, reaches 100,000 unique visitors.
- Coles County, Illinois, (5th Judicial Circuit) launches a small claims mediation program. RSI consults with the court on program design, assists in writing the court rule and provides forms for the program.
- RSI works with the Hawaiian Judiciary on Oahu and community mediation centers on Hawaii Island, conducting mediator trainings on foreclosure and ethics, consulting on mediator quality assurance and speaking at an annual meeting.
- RSI consults with the Uniform Law Commission’s Mortgage Foreclosure Committee on foreclosure mediation.
- RSI publishes “Foreclosure Dispute Resolution by the Numbers” and updates “Foreclosure Dispute Resolution Program Models State-by-State.”
- “Reimagining ADR in the Midst of Crisis: Neutrals Responding to the Foreclosure Dilemma,” written by RSI Executive Director Susan M. Yates and former RSI Staff Attorney Heather Scheiwe Kulp, is published in the Summer 2012 edition of ACResolution magazine.
- RSI’s Just Court ADR blog wins the International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution’s (CPR Institute) “Best Electronic Media about ADR Award” for 2012.
- RSI receives a three-year grant from Illinois Attorney General to develop and administer foreclosure mediation programs in Lake, Kane and Winnebago counties; to train mediators for all Attorney General-funded foreclosure mediation programs throughout the state; to develop an online case management and monitoring system for those programs; and to conduct two statewide evaluations of the programs.
- RSI incorporates as an independent non-profit organization after 18 years of affiliation with the Center for Conflict Resolution.
- “A (Mortgage) Crisis in Communication: Foreclosure Dispute Resolution as Effective Response?,” written by former RSI Staff Attorney Heather Scheiwe Kulp and current RSI Director of Research Jennifer Shack, is published in Volume 66, Number 1, of the Arkansas Law Review.
- “Foreclosure Dispute Resolution Programs: Do They Work?,” written by former RSI Staff Attorney Heather Scheiwe Kulp and current RSI Director of Research Jennifer Shack, is published in the November/December 2013 edition of the ABA’s Probate and Property magazine.
- RSI Executive Director Susan M. Yates travels to Ljubljana, Slovenia to conduct three days of Advanced Mediator Training.
- “Family Court ADR: Decades of Cultivating Innovation,” co-written by RSI Executive Director Susan M. Yates, is published in the Fall 2013 edition of the ABA’s Dispute Resolution Magazine.
- RSI conducts a two-day foreclosure mediation training for 24 mediators in Lake County, Illinois.*
- RSI honors Professor Katheryn Dutenhaver with the 2013 Harris H. Agnew Service to Community Award.
- Under the Illinois Attorney General grant, RSI conducts foreclosure mediation trainings.
- At a five-day mediator training, RSI trains 25 foreclosure mediators in Kane County, Illinois.*
- At a two-day mediator training, RSI trains 13 foreclosure mediators in Winnebago County, Illinois.*
- At a two-day mediator training, RSI trains 11 foreclosure mediators in St. Clair County, Illinois.*
- RSI begins to conduct foreclosure mediations under the Illinois Attorney General grant.
- RSI’s first foreclosure mediation session is conducted in Lake County in February. *
- RSI’s first foreclosure mediation session in Kane County is conducted in April. *
- RSI’s first foreclosure mediation session in Winnebago County is conducted in August.*
- Skadden Arps hosts a reception to introduce RSI to new friends, at which Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan speaks about her support of foreclosure mediation through a grant to RSI.
- RSI publishes the first two statistical reports for all Illinois Attorney General-funded foreclosure mediation programs across the state. The reports provide the most comprehensive statewide foreclosure statistics in the US and are used by our programs to make improvements to program processes.*
- RSI conducts a two-day advanced mediation training for mediators in Hilo, Hawaii.
- RSI re-conceives our monthly Court ADR Connection e-newsletter with a fresh look and more varied content.
- RSI expands the Winnebago County foreclosure mediation program to Boone County, providing service to the entire 17th Judicial Circuit of Illinois.*
- RSI Executive Director Susan M. Yates serves on the Association for Conflict Resolution’s national task force that develops ADR Safety Planning: Recommended Guidance.
- RSI partners with Woodstock Institute to develop heat maps tracking foreclosure filings and the use of foreclosure mediation programs.*