- RSI develops a database for tracking cases and outcomes for the 18th Judicial Circuit of Illinois custody and visitation mediation program.
- The 6th Judicial Circuit of Illinois establishes its major civil case mediation program for Champaign County, for which RSI provides mediator training and evaluation software.
RSI completes a study of Lanham Act (trademark case) mediation in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- RSI’s website gets a major informational upgrade when we add the first – and only – comprehensive database of court ADR resources. The new Resource Center on Court ADR is searchable, annotated and available worldwide.
- RSI's executive director, Susan Yates, serves as co-editor of the Illinois Institute for Continuing Legal Education's Alternative Dispute Resolution, a two-volume handbook on ADR for lawyers.
- Continuing our efforts to enhance information on ADR, RSI organizes and hosts the Domestic Relations Conflict Resolution Seminar for judges from Illinois' 2nd, 3rd and 4th judicial circuits.
- RSI publishes the first edition of Analyzing the Alternatives, our semiannual print newsletter focused on court ADR in Illinois.
- RSI honors Illinois Supreme Court Justice Michael A. Bilandic (ret.) with our Service to Community Award.
- The 14th Judicial Circuit of Illinois establishes its Major Civil Case Mediation Program, for which RSI provides mediator training, evaluation services and monitoring software.
- RSI provides mediator training, evaluation services and monitoring software for the newly-established Civil Case Mediation Program in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Western Division).
- RSI publishes Bibliographic Summary of Cost, Pace, and Satisfaction Studies of Court-Related Mediation Programs, which annotates the background, method and findings of 58 studies of court mediation. The bibliography is published to help answer the questions of whether mediation saves time and money and increases participant satisfaction.
- “Mediating Lanham Act Cases: The Role of Empirical Evaluation,” written by RSI Director of Research Jennifer Shack, is published in the Northern Illinois University Law Review.
- RSI presents our Service to the Community Award to Mediator/Attorney H. Case Ellis.
- “Mediation Can Bring Gains, But Under What Conditions?,” which was authored by RSI Director of Research Jennifer Shack, is published in the American Bar Association’s Dispute Resolution Magazine.
- RSI begins the process of evaluating the Circuit Court of Cook County's Child Protectin Mediation Program.
- Major Civil Case Mediation Program established in Illinois’ 1st and 20th judicial circuits. RSI provides mediator training, evaluation services and monitoring software.
- Major Civil Case Mediation Program established in Law Division, Circuit Court of Cook County. RSI assists in rule creation, as well as developing evaluation forms.
- The 17th Circuit of Illinois launches a pilot program for mediation of financial issues in divorce cases. RSI assists with writing program rules, helps with coordination of mediator training, and creates report and evaluation forms.
- RSI conducts a preliminary evaluation of the mediation program in the U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Illinois (Western Division).
- ADR Handbook for Judges, which was co-edited by RSI Executive Director Susan M. Yates, is published by the American Bar Association.
- “Judicial Settlement Databases: Development and Uses,” co-written by RSI Executive Committee Member Hon. Morton Denlow and RSI Director of Research Jennifer Shack, is published in the American Bar Association’s The Judges’ Journal.
- RSI presents our Service to the Community Award to Judge Philip G. Reinhard and Magistrate Judge P. Michael Mahoney of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois (Western Division).