- Resolution Systems Institute is established on April 22, with an Executive Committee comprised of notable ADR experts and former Illinois judges. The first Chair of the Executive Committee is Judge Carl F. J. Henninger (ret.). The other members are Judge Harris H. Agnew (ret.), Judge Jerome Lerner (ret.), Justice Howard C. Ryan (ret.), Jon Weiss and George Williams.
- RSI holds an advanced training for mediators on the roster for the 17th Judicial Circuit of Illinois Major Civil Case Mediation Program in Illinois.
- RSI forms an Advisory Board.
- Three Major Civil Case Mediation Programs are established in three Illinois judicial circuits. RSI provides mediator training and evaluation software for all three:
- 11th Judicial Circuit (Ford and McLean counties only)
- 18th Judicial Circuit (DuPage County)
- 16th Judicial Circuit (Kane and Kendall counties)
- RSI hires our first staff person.
- RSI honors Eugene Brassfield with our first Service to Community Award.
- RSI organizes a roundtable discussion with London-based Academy of Experts that brings together leaders of the bench and bar in Illinois to discuss the use of mediation in complex commercial and tort litigation.
- RSI conducts a Judicial Institute for Illinois judges who refer major civil cases to mediation.
- Susan M. Yates is hired as RSI’s first full-time Executive Director.
- RSI presents the Service to the Community Award to Illinois Supreme Court Justice and former RSI Executive Committee member Howard C. Ryan (ret.) 1998.
- The 12th Judicial Circuit of Illinois establishes its Major Civil Case Mediation Program. RSI provides mediator training and evaluation software for the program.
- RSI’s organizational website goes online.
- Judge Harris H. Agnew (ret.) becomes Chair of RSI’s Executive Committee.
- RSI completes a study of court rules in Illinois for the mediation of contested custody and visitation.
- RSI develops a resource database for court-related ADR in Illinois.
- RSI creates a database for collecting information on cases that reach agreement in settlement conference. The database was requested by magistrate judges in the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois.
- RSI conducts an advanced training for mediators in all major civil case mediation programs in Illinois.
- RSI presents our Service to the Community Award to Judge Carl F. J. Henninger posthumously.